Day 7: June 11, 2017

Woke up at 7:30 this morning to go to breakfast on the cruise, and I had French toast! Unfortunately, I'm still getting stomach contractions and not sure when they're going to go away, but hopefully soon because they hurt a lot. We got free time until 10, so during that I sat on deck, did some of my own reading, and was able to have time for myself. At 10, we met at the deck and discussed a little about the article, but we then moved to the stage room because it started to rain. The discussion basically touched upon how the Yangtze River reflected on the state of the country. After, Jungwoo, Ryan, and I hung around and had a nice banter session, which then continued to Jungwoo's room with Quinn, Jelani, and Kishan where we played a card game called "Presidents". Then at 2, we met to watch Kungfu Panda 3, which was really good, and Cai Lao Shi also taught us how to play Chinese Chess that was really similar to normal chess. Soon after, we met at 4:30 and visited Treasure Rock Town. Our tour guide was named Tom - or Jack - who was really sarcastic and funny. We went to the top of the pagoda, and it was beautiful. I walked through the bridge for lovers which symbolizes longevity, but I accidentally walked 4 steps instead of 1,3,5,7, and 9, so I'm going to have bad luck. After the excursion, we went back to the cruise and had dinner. The carrot cake was really good. 

One thing that shocked me today was as the group was walking out of the boat to go on the excursion to Treasure Rock Town, we walked by the rooms, kitchen, laundry rooms that the workers lived and worked in. After watching the documentary, seeing it in person made me put everything into reality.

High: I only had 6 contractions today and in the morning after breakfast I sat on deck, and it felt good to take time for myself
Low: seeing the conditions below the deck
Shoutout: Tom for being an awesome tour guide  

Comments

Popular Posts