Day 10: June 14, 2017

We started out the day at the Datong School by taking a quick tour of the school. We quickly transitioned into fun classes that the school planned for us, and we took calligraphy, made crafts, and took a martial arts class. The Calligraphy portion had to be my favorite activity of the day. It was really relaxing, and it was fun to do calligraphy again because I used to do it all the time at my old school when I was a middle schooler. We then made crafts, which were scented with lavender, and after, we took a really fun martial arts class and learned a simple 10 part move with wooden swords, which was really cool. After the school, we went to a mall for dinner, and we ate noodles and found an amazing bubble tea place. After, dinner, we went to the Bund, and walked along it. I was with Jungwoo and Ryan, and things started to get real really quick. We starting having a deep and meaningful conversation that carried on to the ferry ride, when we also talked to Michael for a little bit and learned about his amazing life.

As I was talking to Jungwoo and Ryan, I realized that time flies by quickly in high school, and I didn't realize how close I am to the end. I'm starting to realize everything that I've done in the past and looking at my future, and I'm starting to wonder what that's going to look like. It's honestly a little intimidating.

High: calligraphy was really fun
Low: n/a
Shoutout: 1. michael for everything he does, and for just being michael, a true hero 2. paige for having a nice little talk 

Comments

Popular Posts